Commit to your manager up front that you will prepare and share a post‐conference report with him/her and the team. A post‐conference report of one to three pages conveys key information about the conference to people who were not able to attend, and ensures that you will transmit its value effectively to your organization.
Examples of information you might include in the report are:
- Executive summary of key themes, concerns, ideas, and practices discussed
- Keynote session highlights
- Specific workshop session highlights
- Networking event take‐aways (new contacts, why they are important, who will follow up and when)
- Information about products and services gathered from connections with EDCO Partners
- Program ideas or recommendations picked up or thought up during the sessions.